Friday, July 6, 2012

Playing with beads.

So, I got a little adventurous and decided that I was going to take some beads, thread and a beading needle to my local Knit and natter instead of some knitting (this is quite a regular occurrence, I usually take either some knitting, crochet, spinning or weaving, what ever takes my fancy for that day).
anyway, here's what I came up with.



Up next is a little dyeing experiment, I made a shawl for my sister last year (hand spun, hand knitted and then dyed) and she never found anything to wear it with so she gave it back and said I'd hate for it to spend its life hidden away... So me being me, I thought "I'm going to through some colour on it and see what happens" (I'd dyed it once already).

Before.

During dyeing.
And after, once dried and modeled by a lovely sculpture as part of Nottingham in Bloom (i think).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I try to respond to comments however many now come up no-reply so please forgive me if I don't get back to you. All comments are appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to read my blog.